Privacy and Cookie Statement Minitials B.V 2019
Minitials B.V. (hereinafter referred to as: “Minitials”), is responsible for the Processing of Personal Data as reflected in this privacy statement.
Applicability of privacy statement
This privacy statement contains information about the Processing of Personal Data of (contact persons of) customers and clients of Minitials as well as of Website visitors. This Privacy Statement is therefore not applicable to websites of Third Parties.
The terms used in this privacy statement are defined as follows:
- Processor: a natural person or legal entity, a public authority, an agency or other body which/that Processes Personal Data on behalf of Minitials;
- Third party: any other than: You, Minitials, a Processor, or any person authorized under direct authority of the Minitials or the processor to Process Personal Data;
- You/Your: the (contact of the) customer and/or business relation of Minitials as well as the visitor of the Website whose Personal Data will be processed by Minitials;
- Personal Data: any information relating to You and which can be identified as applicable to You, especially through an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or by one or more factors specific to Your physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity;
- Consent: any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication by which You declare or actively and unambiguously indicate Your consent to the processing of Your Personal Data;
- Disclosure of Personal Data: the disclosing or making available of Personal Data;
- Processing of Personal Data: any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of Personal Data.
- Website: the Website of Minitials (https://www.minitials.com)
- Personal Data which we receive and process
Minitials processes Your Personal Data for instance when You visit the Website, purchase products from Minitials, contact Minitials and/or provide Your contact information to Minitials Yourself.
Minitials only Processes Personal Data that is strictly necessary for the intended purposes for which they are collected. Personal Data that might be collected includes (among other things):
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Address details
- Telephone number
- Email address
- IP address
- Other Personal Data actively disclosed by You, for instance by creating a profile on the Website, in correspondence and by telephone
- Location Data
- Data regarding Your activities on the Website
- Data relating to Your surfing behaviour on different Websites (for instance because this company is part of an advertising network)
- List of the customer’s contact information via an app
- Internet browser and device
- Bank account details
- Special and/or sensitive Personal Data that we process
Minitials does not intend to collect Personal Data of Website visitors under the age of 16, unless they have Consent of a parent or guardian. However, Minitials cannot check whether a visitor is over 16 years old. Therefore, Minitials advises parents to be involved in their children’s online activities, so as to prevent the collection of the children’s data without parental Consent. If You are convinced that Minitials has collected Personal Data relating to a minor without Consent, please contact Minitials through email@example.com, so that Minitials can remove this Personal Data.
- Our purpose and grounds for processing Personal Data
The Personal Data collected by Minitials will be processed for the following purposes:
Maintaining contact with You
Should You request information from Minitials, Minitials will process the Personal Data You provide so as to meet that request and/or to answer Your questions.
The execution of a contract between You and Minitials
Minitials may require Your personal contact details and invoicing information as listed under article 4 of this privacy statement in order to execute the contract between You and Minitials. This Personal Data will be used to execute the contract and comply with the obligations arising from it. In particular this refers to the following purposes:
- the acceptance of Your order;
- the handling of Your order and its shipping;
- keeping You informed of the status of Your order;
- invoicing and collection;
- handling of questions and complaints.
If You create an account on the Website, Minitials will process the Personal Data You pass on to Minitials for Your convenience. This account and the Personal Data included in it will (or may) be used when You place an order.
If You register Your email address, You can sign up for the free Minitials newsletter. The newsletter will only be sent to You after You have indicated You would like to receive it. You can always unsubscribe from the newsletter by clicking on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the newsletter.
Other purposes for the use of Personal Data
Minitials may also use the Personal Data that You provide by email, by telephone, per mail or in any other way, for the following purposes:
- to analyse, develop and improve the Website and Minitials’ services;
- to comply with legal obligations; and
- for marketing purposes.
The Personal Data will only processed when one of the following conditions (grounds) is met:
- You have given Consent;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which You are a party;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Minitials is subject;
- processing is necessary to protect Your or a third natural person’s vital interests;
- processing is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of Minitials or a Third Party, unless Your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh the interests of Minitials and/or the Third Party.
- Automated decision-making
Minitials shall not use automated processing for decisions which (significantly) affect a person. This relates to decisions made by computer programs or systems without human involvement (for instance by an employee of Minitials).
- How long we store Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be stored as long as this is necessary for the realization of the purposes listed in article 4 of this privacy statement. After the (statutory) retention period Your Personal Data will be destroyed.
The retention period of Minitials’ administration is 7 years, this is in accordance with the legal obligation of retention. This includes the contract(s) concluded with You. This period starts upon the termination of the contract.
When You send an email to Minitials or ask a question using the contact form, the data You send to Minitials will be stored as long as needed to fully handle and answer Your query.
The above does not apply should Minitials be subject to a statutory obligation to retain the Personal Data for a longer period.
- Sharing Personal Data with Third parties
We will not transfer Your Personal Data to any Third Parties without Your Consent, unless:
- this is necessary for the performance of the contract between You and Minitials, for instance in connection to the payment and/or collection of the invoices and the shipping and delivery of the products.
- Minitials is obligated to provide Personal Data to a government agency subject to statutory obligations or in the event of an emergency; or
- in the event of a reorganization or transfer of business operations at Minitials which entail that Minitials must transfer the Personal Data to another organization.
- Cookies and similar technologies that we use
Minitials informed You about these cookies when You first visited the Website and asked Your Consent to store them. You can withdraw Your cookie Consent by adjusting Your browser settings in such a way that it no longer stores cookies. You can also delete all previously stored information using Your browser settings.
Minitials uses functional, analytical and tracking cookies. Functional cookies make sure that the Website functions well and allow easy navigation on the Website. At the same time, these cookies will be used to temporarily store data in order to improve the ease of use of the Website. The analytical cookies are used to make analyses about the use of the Website. They allow Minitials to analyse which pages of the Website You visited at which time. Finally, tracking cookies are used to link to social media such as Facebook and Instagram. These buttons allow the content on the Website to be shared through social media. We use Third party cookies (including social media parties or a party that acts on behalf of social media parties) so that when You use these buttons to share something from the Website, You will be recognised.
Please find a list of cookies used by Minitials below:
|CookieConsent||CookieConsent||1 year||Stores the user’s cookie status for the current domain.|
|Google Analytics||_ga||2 years||Analytical cookie that measures Website traffic. Used to distinguish between users.|
|Google Analytics||_gid||24 hours||Analytical cookie that measures Website traffic. Used to distinguish between users.|
|Google Analytics||_gat||1 minute||Analytical cookie that measures Website traffic. Use to control page displays.|
|Google Analytics||collect||Session||Analytical cookie that measures Website traffic. Traces the visitor on different devices and marketing channels.|
|fr||3 months||Used by Facebook to offer a series of advertising products, such as real time images from third party advertisers.|
|tr||Session||Unclassified pixel tracker|
|DoubleClick||IDE||2 years||Used by Google DoubleClick to register the actions of the Website user and to report on the effectiveness of an ad after the user has looked at or clicked on the ad and offer targeted ads to the user.|
- Access, rectification or erasure
You are entitled to access, rectify or erase Your Personal Data. Where processing of Your Personal Data is based on Your (explicit) Consent, You can withdraw this Consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on Consent before its withdrawal; Moreover, You have a right to data portability. That means that You can file a request with Minitials to have the Personal Data that Minitials collected on You to be transferred to a computer file and sent to You or an organisation of Your choice. Requests for access to, rectification, erasure, data portability of Your Personal Data or Your request for withdrawal of Your Consent or objection to the processing of Your Personal Data can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make sure that the request to access was made by You Yourself, we kindly ask that You include a copy of Your ID. Please redact Your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone: the numbers at the bottom of Your passport), passport number and citizen service number (BSN) on this copy. This is to protect Your privacy. Minitials will respond to Your request as soon as possible, but always within four weeks.
- How we protect Personal Data
Minitials applies a security level to the Processing of Personal Data, that, within the scope of the existing technology, is sufficient to counter unauthorized access, changes, publication or loss of Your Personal Data.
Your Personal Data will be digitally stored by Minitials and will only be accessible to authorized personnel at Minitials using personal user identification and a password.
Minitials engages Third parties to Process Your Personal Data. These third parties Process Your Personal Data only at our instruction and we conclude processing agreements with these Third parties that comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Contact Minitials
Should You have any questions regarding this privacy statement, please contact Minitials using our contact details below.
Name: Minitials B.V.
Address: Victoriapark 8, 5611 BM Eindhoven
Telephone number: +31 (0) 0634862622
Email address: email@example.com
Chamber of Commerce: 68246706
This privacy statement can be amended from time to time, for instance because of changes in legislation and regulations. The latest version of the privacy statement can be found on https://www.minitials.com We recommend that You regularly check this privacy statement for changes. Changes to this privacy statement become effective when they are placed on the Website.
Should You have any questions, comments and/or complaints, in the general or with respect to this privacy statement, You can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority on: 0900-2001201 or through the Website https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl.(english version available)
Version: December 2019